28 Dec Director of Operations and Business Development
Client is an oil and gas project management and operational services company are recruiting for the role of Director Operations and Business Development. The full time permanent position, based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada requires travel to client sites in Alberta, Canada as well as Internationally.
Client is a Canadian based company with global operations, providing world leading services in Health, Safety and Environment Management, Process Safety and Safety Engineering, Regulatory and Compliance, Security and Risk Management, Project Management and the provision of skilled personnel for operations across a range of industries, including oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, nuclear, energy and construction. This role is an executive level role, reporting directly to the shareholders.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Business Development, including Opportunity Analysis and Identification on a domestic and global scale
- Contract negotiations with clients and partnerships, both with new and existing clients (renewals);
- Project Management of small to large scale projects. Candidate must be able to manage projects on site;
- Safety Engineering oversight, including PHA, Safety Case, Siting Studies, Risk Analysis, Firefighting Philosophies etc.
- HSEQ Engineering oversight including RCA, Safety Management Systems.
- Security and Threat/Risk Management oversight including international extractions
- Social Responsibility work including international workforce integration.
- Brand management on a domestic and global level.
- Relationship Management with existing and new stakeholders.
- Budget forecasting and control
- Oversight of bids and proposals
- Oversight of internal / external Audits and Inspections
- Marketing [lectures, presentations, networking etc.]
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships;
Experience Required – To be successful the ideal candidate requires:
- Process Hazard Analysis Training [PHA Facilitation];
- Software capabilities including PHAST and PHA Pro;
- Minimum5 years safety engineering experience in oil and gas industry (domestically and internationally);
- Minimum 5 years experience with minerals mining domestically and internationally, both open cast and underground;
- Minimum 5 years HSEQ and Safety Engineering experience in Energy Projects (HVDC and Renewables);
- Knowledge of domestic and international regulatory requirements;
- Existence of Domestic and International network and international credibility amongst industry peers;
- Minimum 5 years Safety Case authoring;
- Minimum 5 years Safety Management System development and auditing experience
- Fluency in English (Written and Oral)
- Regulatory body experience, such as OSHA preferred;
- Experience with the above in Africa, South America and Australia preferred;
Multi-industry experience preferred
- Recognized Degree in Engineering or Environmental Science OR 5+ years experience in the oil and gas industry areas noted above;
- PHA Facilitation certification;
- Vocational Training Certificate or Diploma specific to Technical Safety;
- Accredited Auditing certification
The salary offered for this role will be commensurate upon experience, with a range between $110,000 CAD to $120,000 CAD per Annum. Additional to this, benefits include use of a company vehicle, group health and medical insurance plan, and potential for a quarterly bonus based on performance.
The selected candidate will be required to commence work on or around 1 November 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please direct resumes / CVs with a covering letter to the supplied email, clearly marking Director Operations and Business Development Role in the subject line.